Spring may not have officially sprung in our fair city, but we’re not letting lukewarm temperatures keep us from refreshing our palette of sweet pastels. Adding pops of mint or lavender is the perfect way to brighten your mood and transition your look from winter to spring. Plus, the longevity of florals for spring and color blocking make it quite easy to mix pastels into your look. We’ve curated a sampling of fresh pastel pieces below. Enjoy! - GOLP
Ground breaking “spring” accessories don’t have to belong just in your closet! Springpad, the new personal assistant app for your iPhone, Android, Tablet and desktop takes sharing and organizing to an amazing….and addicting new level! The social media gurus at Glamour Magazine have jumped on board and we’re following suit! And here’s how:
Sign up at Springpad.com, create a “notebook,” and start springing! The categories are endless and fabulous. From shopping to cooking to movies, there is so much to discover. For example, when perusing for a new movie, Springpad doesn’t just post a pic of the flick, it tells you showtimes or streaming information. Cool, right?
You can also create notebooks for fashion, beauty, health and more! We’re loving the collection of low-calorie cocktail recipes, makeup shades that look great on every skin tone, and healthy, weight loss tips! Not only are we browsing, but Springpad helps us be productive at the same time! What’s not to love? Be sure to sign up, download, and let us know what you think! Happy Springpad-ing! Xo - GOLP
Chicago is the home to numerous famous female actresses and comedians - Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Joan Rivers to name a few. And if you have been to any shows at Second City, you know exactly why! With that, we thought it is quite fitting to have today’s Girl Crush of the week be the one and only, upcoming comedian and actress, Maria Randazzo! You can find her performing various shows throughout the city on a regular basis. Below you’ll see why we love her (and we know you will too) and be sure to follow her on Twitter at @MariaRandazzo and on her site: MariaRandazzo.com. Last but not least, you can catch her at the Public House Theater on May 8th!
1. Bucket List: My musts include spending a month traveling Europe. Get into a bar fight. Win the bar fight. Meet and deeply connect with Beyonce. If this all happens in Europe, I am fine with that.
2. If you could be bestfriends with anyone, who would it be: Maya Rudolph. She’s one of my favorite actresses and comediennes. She’d give it to me straight and we would eat really fun snacks, take long car rides together wearing big sunglasses and colorful scarves and we’d go out all the time with strangers… I haven’t thought about this at all…
3. Favorite Beauty Products: I really love Studio Gear Flawless Foundation. I got turned on to it at Ulta and have been using it for years. It contains SPF, it’s light and I find it quite moisturizing. I just sweep it on with a brush and it makes putting my face on..less of a project!
4. Coffee Table Staple: My roommate and I always have a copy of Time Out Chicago and the Chicago Reader on our coffee table. Both publications have the best tips and reviews for what’s happening around town.
5. What Every Girl Must Have In Her Closet: Now that warm weather is approaching, I am going to say an arsenal of summer dresses.
6. Chicago Restaurant: Alright, people. The best Chicago restaurant I’ve been to so far is Ruxbin. I’m a huge fan of BYO and the food is fantastic. I also really love the atmosphere…the restroom is the coolest part of the restaurant. I won’t ruin it for you, go check it out.
7. Motto: Follow your fear. Follow the joy. Follow those who carry hors d’oeureve trays.
8. Chicago Must-Stop Shop: I love Bazaar. It’s on Paulina right where Lakeview meets Roscoe Village. They have beautiful, unique jewelry and shoes. Great place to find summer dresses too. And they organize the store by color, so if you’re on a coral kick, you’ll know exactly where to go! You’re welcome.
9. If you weren’t an actress you would be: If I wasn’t an actor, I’d be a dancer. A hip hop dancer. I love to dance. Also, when I was younger I told my Mom I aspired to work at a dry cleaning place. So there’s that too.
10. The Ultimate Role: My dream job is working in film or TV. I’d love to support myself only through creative work. Oh, and babysitting Blue Ivy Carter.
11. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: I’m really loving the mixing of patterns. I just took a look at the spring Anthropologie catalog, and was falling in love with their color combinations.
12. Currently Reading: “This I Believe.” It’s a collection of essays that are simple statements of what people truly believe in.
13. On Your Nightstand: On my night stand is a DVD of “When Harry Met Sally,” because… COME ON. A notebook where I jot down all the ideas for characters, short videos or scenes I plan to write. And one random Aleve pill. Take that as you will.
14. Can’t Live WIthout: My family and friends and reasons to laugh. I’m very lucky to have the best of all those things. And let’s not forget about the 2 Buck Chuck. God bless you, Trader Joes.
Happy Monday, Readers! Do you have that one bag that you carry absolutely everywhere - work, gym, out? We do too. That’s why we were ecstatic when the lovely ladies behind One Truffle introduced us to their fabulous clarity pouches! It’s easier than ever to group specific items together, and actually be able to find them in our very large, everyday tote. And today, one lucky reader will be able to win a clarity pouch in the color combination of their choice! See below for entry details! Happy Truffling!! - GOLP
Follow Truffle on Twitter for an extra entry! @OneTruffle_
Entries must be posted by this Friday, April 12th by 3p CST.
Get ready! Gilt City Chicago members are invited to experience the brand’s legendary Warehouse Sale featuring the most coveted brands at insider prices this upcoming weekend!
Where: Museum of Contemporary Art (1747 W. Hubbard)
When: Saturday, April 13, 2013
From emerging designers to veritable fashion houses, shoppers can peruse racks stocked with all things fashion including tops, dresses, jewelry, jackets and outerwear for both men and women. You can also be sure to expect numerous items for the home including bedding, kitchen and bath accessories, decorative pieces and more!
Ticket prices vary according to date and time of session and allow for two hours of fabulous shopping time! For more information on pricing and purchase information, head to GiltCity.com/Chicago!
Last but not least, tag photos on Instagram and Twitter with what you buy using @GiltCityChicago #RaidTheWarehouse for a chance to win $200 dollars in Gilt Credit! Happy Raiding! - GOLP
Whether you prefer polka dots or florals as your favorite trend for spring, we’ve recapped some of our favorite must-have items from Target! So as you begin to shop and re-vamp your spring wardrobe, don’t forget to shop Target.com or find the nearest retail location by you. From sunglasses to clutches to accessories, there is literally so much to choose from…and all at great prices! We know, you’re obsessed too. Take a peek below and let us know which piece is your favorite! Happy Shopping! - GOLP
*It’s Time For Springtime/Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
Name: Liz Schneider
How You Know Her: Blogger over at Sequins and Stripes
2. Ideal Dinner Party Guest List: Jessica Alba because she seems super down to earth and adorable. The Olsen Twins so I could pick their brain about fashion and style. Ellen Degeneres, because she cracks me up.
3. Favorite Street Style Star: Poppy Delevigne - I love her feminine, flirty style. She has fun with it!
4. Bucket List: Visit 50 places I have never been! This bucket list started two years ago and I’ve crossed 7 countries off of my list!
5. Coffee Table Staple: My vintage brass ashtray filled with matchbooks I’ve collected over the years.
8. Screen Saver: My screensaver simply says Chill. A constant reminder to worry less and live more.
9. On Your Nightstand: A stack of unread books, chapstick, a small candle, and a glass of water.
10. Go-To Chicago Restaurant: Gemini Bistro in Lincoln Park is a tried and true favorite.
11. Can’t Live WIthout: My iCloud calendar.
12. Favorite Chicago Neighborhood: I’ve lived in Lincoln Park going on five years, so it holds a special place in my heart! However, I also love the charm of Old Town.
14. Wardrobe Staple: A coat! Living in Chicago, It is important to keep a stock pile of these. My favorites are from Sandro and Maje.