(Source: theneapolitanlife, via richesforrags)
It’s about that time to invest in a few knock-out swimsuits for summer. From sporty bikinis to colorful one-pieces, we’ve rounded up our top 15 suits to help you look beach-chic all summer long. Enjoy! - GOLP
Mustang Bandeau Bikini // Michael Kors Bikini // Issa One Piece Swimsuit // Zinke Kristen One Piece // Mara Hoffman Two Piece // Suboo Madagascar One Piece // Zimmermann Bikini // Karla Colletto Abstract-Print Bikini // Beth Richards Swimsuit // Ella Moss Swimsuit // Hokey Pokey Bandeau // Mara Hoffman V Wire Suit // Shoshanna Bikini // Bettinis Coast Stripes Bikini // Splendid Circus Stripe Bikini
Name: Alison Victoria
Title: Host and Designer on HGTV and DIY Network’s ‘Kitchen Crashers’
Neighborhood: Wicker Park
1. Must Read Interior Design Book: Nate Berkus - The Things That Matter
2. Wallpaper vs. Paint: Wallpaper! Change it up and bring in texture and color with paper versus paint.
3. Dinner Party Guest List: Bethenny Frankel and her dog..I admire everything about her drive, ambition, humility, sarcasm and what she stands for. Strong women like that make it easy for me to believe that anything is possible with a little hard work and passion.
4. Bucket List: Ride an elephant in Thailand, compete in the Cross Fit Games and have a bird land on my finger when I extend it out.
5. On Repeat: MC Solaar - La Belle et le Bad Boy
6. If I weren’t in Interior Design, I’d be….A shoe designer! No question.
7. What Every Girl Must Have In Her Closet: A pair of classic nude shoes… Or ten of the same pair like I do!
8. Top Three Beauty Products: Oil of Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer with SPF, Chanel Soleil Tan and Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom.
9. Date Night: Bavette’s Bar & Boef. I went there with my fiance when it first opened. The interior is sexy and french and the lighting is perfect! I love the original champagne cocktail and the food is unreal!
10. Motto: Feel the fear, have the doubts..Go for it anyways!
11. Chicago Boutique: Store B in Wicker Park. It’s right next to the Bongo room on Milwaukee. It’s my one stop shop for vintage everything. I found a pair of 1960’s lucite pendants for over my kitchen island, a vintage St. John dress and a Hermes belt that I wear with everything. Not to mention all of the accessories and glassware I’ve used on my new bar cart at home.
12. Scent: Trish McEvoy #3 - Sexy for day and night!
13. Apps: Uber, CalenMob and Instagram. I use CalenMob as my calendar. It links to the network schedule so I always know where I’m shooting and where I’m traveling. And I use Uber at least 5 days a week.
14. If you could meet any interior designer who would it be? Kara Mann - Chicago’s best! She has this edge about her design work but it seems so effortless. She has a way of designing a room to be sexy in both a masculine and feminine way while being timeless at the same time. I admire her work and the fact that you can recognize it as soon as you see it in any publication!
15. Top Three Styling Tips for Small Spaces: Design up and dual purpose everything. Make sure whatever you buy has multiple uses. Also, buy furniture with legs as opposed to furniture that sits directly on the floor. It gives the illusion of more space.
16. Favorite Interior Design Trick: Hanging window hardware at the ceiling line to bring the eye up. It gives the illusion of higher ceilings.
17. On Your Coffee Table: Fresh white roses, vintage books from Myopic Books in Wicker Park and a Ralph Lauren silver tray with candy in it.
18. Flea Market: Randolph Street Market
Presley Skye Chiffon Maxi // Rachel Roy Silk Maxi // Lilly Pulitzer Maxi // Way-In Maxi // Bustier Maxi Dress // Felicity & Coco Strapless Dress // Lush Knit Maxi // Sleeveless Print Maxi // Sydney Printed Dress // Lush Knit Dress
Calling all beauty enthusiasts! At last, Sephora is finally opening its doors in our hood today! And what’s even more beautiful? The first 100 clients to show up at the grand opening will have a chance to receive a mystery Sephora gift card (values worth up to $100!). With over 13,000 products and 200 brands in store, it can be quite overwhelming so we took it upon ourselves to highlight our must-have items. Did we just make your Friday, or what? Happy Shopping! - GOLP
Laura Mercier Blush Bronze Compact // Dior Jelly Lip Pen // Sephora Luxe Brush Set // Sephora Summer Makeup Bag // NARS And God Created the Woman Set // Smashbox Ready CC Cream // Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
You know we love a good tote so when we first heard about the kate spade and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) collaboration, we couldn’t get enough! The limited edition totes are inspired by SPG’s Member’s Favorite 2013 Resorts from around the world. The collaboration celebrates travel with whimsical sayings reminiscent of Starwood’s most exotic destinations. From the best winter adventures to remote tropical locations, Starwood Resorts offer travelers luxury in more than 1,100 destinations globally.
And just in case you are in need of a little R&R, kate spade and SPG are offering one lucky winner the chance to travel to one of the Members’ Favorite resorts! Head on over to katespade.com to enter-to-win and for more information or to see the properties voted as the 2012 Member Favorites, visit: spg.com/memberfavorites.
Name: Val Warner
Title: Co-Host, Windy City Live
1. Nail Polish Color: Essie’s Maximillion. Even though it’s light green, it’s natural enough that it goes with anything.
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: I’m feeling the feminine trends this season! Anything lace or cloral catches my eye.
3. On Repeat: My denim Levi vest. It really just helps pull together a casual outfit.
4. Favorite Way To Unwind: A great date night with my man!
5. What’s On Your Bar Cart: As of today, Malibu Red (the best). One of our recent WCL guests, Ne-Yo, introduced it to me during a segment. Outside of that, my bar cart will never be complete without moscato.
6. Date Night: Uncle Julio’s! I’m a sucker for their guac and Swirl drink.
7. Motto: Hard work and dedication pay-off.
8. Can’t Live Without: My iPhone:
9. Top Three Beauty Products: CO Bigelow lip gloss, MAC mascara and Neutrogena exfoiliating face wash.
10. If you could meet any woman for lunch, who would it be and what would you order? It would definitely have to be Oprah Winfrey. I would skip the fancy meal and just go for a burger and fries.
11. Chicago Boutique: Calvin Tran at 2154 N. Halstead. He has really great modern and versatile pieces.
12. Scent: DKNY Cashmere Mist
13. If I weren’t a TV host I’d be: A sales executive!
14. Home Accessory: I’ve got plug-in’s (in cherry blossom) all over my house!
15. Coffe Table Staple: A great magazine like People, Ebony or InStyle
16. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Europe
17. Chicago Restaurant: Mastro’s Steakhouse. You can’t go wrong with anything on their menue.
18. I Wish I Knew How To: Cook!
19. Aidan or Big? Aidan! He seems more fun.
The one-piece wonder as we like to call them are slowly but surely making their way back into our wardrobes. Whether you prefer short or long, a bold print or classic black there’s nothing better than having an easy, yet chic summer staple. Below are a few GOLP top picks that we’re currently coveting. Happy Romping! Xo - GOLP
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
Name: Cait Weingartner
Title: Blogger at Pretty & Fun + Social Strategist at [wire] stone
Neighborhood: South Loop
1. Nail Polish Color: ”Chinchilly” by Essie is my go to but I’m also currently loving “Avenue Maintain”
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Pattern mixing! It isn’t the easiest trend to pull off but it looks amazing when you get it right.
3. On Repeat: Stripes. Lots and lots of stripes.
4. Favorite Way To Unwind: An iced coffee & a long walk with my pup.
5. What’s On Your Bar Cart: The makings for a great margarita (on the rocks, no salt please).
6. Can’t Live Without: Ice cream. It’s my favorite food and you will always find at least two flavors in my freezer.
7. Top Three Beauty Products: NARS lipstick in Red Lizard, Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme and Benefit’s “They’re Real” mascara.
8. Motto: If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big neough. I hope to always be fueled by a little fear.
9. Chicago Boutique: Edith Hart
10. Scent: I don’t wear any fragrence! Obsessed with Capri Blue’s Volcano candle though.
11. If you could travel anywhere in a moments notice, where would you go? I’ve been dying to travel around Europe - Paris, Italy and Greece are all very high on my wish list.
12. I Wish I Knew How To: Actually unplug and not compulsively check social media or my iPhone - the unfortunate side effects of working in digital and being a blogger.
13. Chicago Restaurant: I know this is a bit cliche but I absolutely love Big Star. It’s turned me into a taco snob.
14. Currently Reading: “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg - she’s a true inspiration.
15. Home Accessory: A killer gallery wall. I love mixing pieces from Etsy with custom and vintage pieces for a really personal feel.