If you’ve got a passion for cooking or would potentially like to cook (like us), this feature is for you. We’re excited to help announce the opening of Sur La Table at 900 Shops! Since its beginnings in Seattle’s Pike Place Market in 1972, Sur La Table has believed that the kitchen is the center of the home. Each year, Sur La Table hosts over 120,000 students operating one of the largest avocational cooking schools nationwide. From essential basics to hard-to-find specialty tools and cookware, Sur La Table is sure to have something for every cook.
Classes focus on seasonal cuisine and technique-oriented courses. Skill levels range from beginner to advanced, with special sessions designed for kids and teens. In addition to Sur La Table’s Resident Chef, visiting chefs and restaurateurs also teach lessons. Classes range from 2 to 2.5 hours in length and include a tasting of all the dishes prepared. Last but not least, in case your boyfriend or hubby wants to do something special, private cooking lessons are available in all programs and can be customized for individuals or small groups. Be sure to keep up-to-date with Sur La Table on Twitter & Facebook.
The perfect fitting jean jacket will never go out of style. Trust us, we have a great relationship with our jean jacket - it’s almost like a best friend status, it’s been there season after season. And although we don’t believe the jean jacket ever truly went away, this summer we can find various shapes and sizes across numerous retailers including Levi’s, Gap, and Madewell to name a few. Take a peak below at some of the styles we’re currently craving this season. Xo - GOLP
Let’s talk footwear: statement sandals. In case you don’t have a pair for your summer wardrobe, let’s find you some! Instead of opting for your standard flip flops or basic sandal, we’re loving everything from gladiators to chunky heels and straps. Below are just a few of our favorite finds ranging from Zara all the way to Shopbop. And of course Jeffrey Campbell makes several pairs that makes it quite hard to choose from! Happy Trotting! - GOLP
In case you haven’t heard of Julie Vos Jewelry, let us introduce you. From stackable bangles to statement earrings, Julie’s collection is full of everyday essentials. Not only is there a piece for just about everyone, her line is quite affordable as well (yes, please!). Below you can find some of our top picks that we’re sure you will fall in love with. And lucky for you, Julie Vos is offering GOLP readers 15% off with promo code Vos15 at checkout! Be sure to keep up-to-date with Julie via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Happy Shopping! - GOLP
Name: Jessie Kalin
Neighborhood: River North
1. Nail Polish Color: My regular go-to color is Essie’s “Fith Avenue.”
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Love the black and white trend. It’s so chic and it’s so EASY! Everyone has black and white in their close and can easily get in on the trend.
3. On Repeat: Skinny jeans and a silk button-up blouse.
4. Favorite way to unwind: A glass of wine. Otherwise, a good message always does the trick.
5. Currently Reading: All the pitches I receive from publicists!
6. Can’t Live Without: My fiancé, Eli. My two sisters..and chocolate.
7. If you could meet any woman for lunch, who would it be and what would you order? The first woman that comes to mind is Michelle Obama. Is that totally cliche?! And I would eat whatever she’s eating.. she looks amazing.
8. Top Three Beauty Products: Moroccan oil, Vaseline Intensive Care lotion, and Laura Mercier Under Eye concealer (in no particular order).
9. Celeb Encounter: Leonardo DiCaprio! I met him my junior year of college and was on cloud nine for a month..Now if we could meet again and have him as a guest on Windy City Live…
10. Motto: My dad always said to me growing up, “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re absolutely right.” It just stuck with me.
12. Chicago Boutique: Handle with Care and Atelier Azza
13. Scent: Chloe
14. If I weren’t a TV producer, I’d be: That’s a hard question! Probably something in marketing or public relations.
15. Message to younger self: Slow down, enjoy the journey and take a deep breath! Your hard work will pay off and it all works out in the end.
16. Coffee Table Staple: People and Vogue Magazine
17. If you could travel anywhere in a moments notice, where would you go? South Africa - I went when I was 22 with my family and it was the most incredible trip. I would go back in a moment’s notice if A. it wasn’t so hard to get to and B. wasn’t so expensive!
18. First Gig: Intern at the affiliate relations department at Harpo Studios. It was a great experience and definitely helped lead me to where I am today.
19. Chicago Restaurant: Le Colonial for date night and Mercat a la Planxa for a girls night out.
20. Chicago Must-See/Do This Summer: I want to find a weekend to take a mini vacation to a bed and breakfast. If anyone knows of any good ones, let me know!