Mother’s Day is just around the corner so let’s not forget about the fabulous women who taught us the way in life and treat her to something special! Below are a few of our favorite picks. So whether your mom loves a little sparkle or is beauty obsessed, we’ve got you covered.
For The Mom Who Loves A Little Sparkle:
For The Beauty Obsessed:
For The Mom Who Needs A Little R&R:
For The Gadget Lover:
For The Mom Who Loves Decor:
We love metallic accents no matter what the accessory. Whether you prefer a metallic clutch or skirt, there are so many little and easy ways to incorporate the trend in to your wardrobe. And this season we are kicking it up a notch and investing in some metallic oxfords. Talk about instant glamour to your everyday! Take a pick at our top finds and let us know which ones you will stepping into spring with! Xo - GOLP
In a season full of fabulous outdoor events, SELF Magazine’s Workout in the Park stands out for it’s amazing array of activities, goodies and giveaways! Join the fantastic festivities celebrating 20 years of fun, fitness and fashion Saturday, June 1st 2013 at Butler Field In Grant Park.
Workout in the Park, touring New York City and Washington D.C., has been inspiring tens of thousands of women to energize their lives for over twenty years. Attendees get the opportunity to learn from the hottest exercise trends, take invigorating classes from CRUNCH gym, and get the latest in beauty, fashion, and nutritional tips through incredible consultations.
Sounds amazing, right? Don’t risk waiting to long to snag a spot! Last year’s event sold out! Tickets are available now at www.SELFWorkoutinthePark.com for only $20 dollars in advance, which also includes a one-year subscription to SELF! See you all there! Xo - GOLP
Name: Susanna Negovan
Title: Editor and Publisher, Splash
Neighborhood: River North
1. Favorite Street Style Star: My 6-year-old niece, Anna, who lives in Saskatoon, SK (deep in Canada) but manages to put together the coolest outfits. Whenever we’re together, we play dress-up.
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Bold black and white, because it’s the opposite of what anyone expects for spring fashion.
3. On Repeat: Everything Helmut Lang in my closet.
4. Bucket List: You think I have time for a bucket list?! :)
5. Dinner Party Guest List: My husband Tom and I recently attended an intimate, eight-person dinner party hosted by style writer Amy Tara Koch and her husband Peter Gottlieb. On the list: Cubs president Theo Epstein and his fashion designer wife Marie Whitney, and Chicago Children’s Choir president Josephine Lee and her branding-expert husband, Kevin McConkey. They are all such smart, accomplished and creative people that it was an inspiring night.
6. What’s On Your Bar Cart: Homemade green juice, Santa Margherita Prosecco (I have a steady supply thanks to being friends with the importers), and Pom Tango from David’s Tea.
7. Can’t Live Without: The candy bar at the Sun-Times, stocked with everything from M&Ms to Fun Dip, which is ideal for when I need late-afternoon inspiration.
8. What Every Girl Must Have In Her Closet: Lots of delicate gold layering pieces by my friend Lana Bramlette (her line, at lanajewelry.com, is carried at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Intermix and more). I’ve known her since her line debuted in 2002, which means I have at least one piece from every collection she’s ever made. It’s my investment plan!
9. Top Three Beauty Products: 1. I recently discovered the Greek beauty line Korres. Maybe it’s because I have an olive complexion that’s hard to match, but I’m addicted to their Quercetin & Oak Antiaging Foundation. 2. On a recent visit to The Few Institute (yes, I admit to getting Botox), Dr. Julius Few suggested I try his JF Aesthetic R-nol 20 Serum. I couldn’t believe how quickly it changed my skin texture. I’ll be using this serum forever! 3. The Aqua colleciton by Make Up For Ever lasts all day, and since I have to put on my own TV makeup every morning (and have it last through nighttime events), it’s one of my go-tos. I especially love the Aqua Shadow.
10. Date Night: At home in bed with popcorn and Netflix.
11. Chicago Boutique: Lulu’s at the Belle Kay (3862 N. Lincoln), which - in my opinion - has the best vintage in the country.
12. Scent: Caudalie’s The des Vignes. A super-clean, happy scent that people always comment on when I kiss them hello.
13. Apps: Now that I’m on Fox’s Good Day Chicago five mornings a week, Uber is a lifesaver to get me there on time.
14. If you could meet any designer, who would it be: I think I’ve met them all! :) In particular, I’ve enjoyed Prabal Gurung, Michael Kors and Diane von Furtstenberg.
15. Coffee-Table Staple: The Sunday New York Times, which takes a couple of days to read thoroughly.
16. Chicago Restaurant: GT Fish & Oyster for their oyster po’ boy sliders (named one of the best dishes of 2011 by James Beard) and yummy fish tacos. I’m there at least once a week.
17. Go-To Heels: There’s only one answer: Brian Atwood! A Joliet native who has gone to global acclaim. Plus, his brother works at Splash.
1. Willow & Cly Utility Jacket // 2. Rubbish Army Mac Jacket // 3. Maje Open Sequin Blazer (Pre-Order Available) // 4. Angel Kiss Twill Jacket // 5. BB Dakota White Shoulder Jacket // 6. Maison Scotch Retro Jacket // 7. Rory Beca Lance Embodied Jacket // 8. J Brand Broke In Boyfriend Denim Jacket // 9. JCrew Charlie Fatigue Jacket // 10. Colorblock Sail Jacket
Spring may not have officially sprung in our fair city, but we’re not letting lukewarm temperatures keep us from refreshing our palette of sweet pastels. Adding pops of mint or lavender is the perfect way to brighten your mood and transition your look from winter to spring. Plus, the longevity of florals for spring and color blocking make it quite easy to mix pastels into your look. We’ve curated a sampling of fresh pastel pieces below. Enjoy! - GOLP
Ground breaking “spring” accessories don’t have to belong just in your closet! Springpad, the new personal assistant app for your iPhone, Android, Tablet and desktop takes sharing and organizing to an amazing….and addicting new level! The social media gurus at Glamour Magazine have jumped on board and we’re following suit! And here’s how:
Sign up at Springpad.com, create a “notebook,” and start springing! The categories are endless and fabulous. From shopping to cooking to movies, there is so much to discover. For example, when perusing for a new movie, Springpad doesn’t just post a pic of the flick, it tells you showtimes or streaming information. Cool, right?
You can also create notebooks for fashion, beauty, health and more! We’re loving the collection of low-calorie cocktail recipes, makeup shades that look great on every skin tone, and healthy, weight loss tips! Not only are we browsing, but Springpad helps us be productive at the same time! What’s not to love? Be sure to sign up, download, and let us know what you think! Happy Springpad-ing! Xo - GOLP