If you are as obsessed with gold foil as much as we are, let us introduce you to Jenny Bevlin. Her shop is full of prints, birthday cards, and thank you notes all with gold foil accents. The best part about her shop? You can also request customized monogrammed cards. These might be our new standard thank you notes. This print makes a great addition to any bar cart. And did we mention her shop also includes iPhone cases? Our inner-prep thanks Jenny for this anchor iPhone cover. Keep up-to-date with Jenny’s creations on Facebook and Twitter. Enjoy! - GOLP
We’re so excited SJP’s new shoe line has finally hit Nordstrom! It’s everything we would have imagined Carrie’s shoe line would entail - feminine, lady-like and fun. Most importantly we love that the heels aren’t extremely high. We’ve got our eye on the Bobbi, the Etta, the Jill and the Lady Pump. The best part about the launch? You can enter-to-win an SJP shoe wardrobe (we repeat, a SJP wardrobe) worth $2,000 dollars! Head on over to Pinterest to pin your favorite pair for a chance to win. Which pair are you coveting? Xo - GOLP
This week’s Etsy Shop of the Week is brought to you by Carly Martin, a fashion illustrator based in New York. We absolutely love every print in her shop and each one could absolutely make a great addition to any gallery wall. How cute is this little kissing camel? This print makes us dream of spring. And we all know, sweater weather is certainly not over just yet. Head on over to Carly’s shop and be sure to pick up a print! Xo - GOLP
Happy Tuesday, GOLP! Back to chilly weather and not sure we’re ready for another polar vortex. Today we’re so excited to bring you custom iPhone covers especially made for GOLP readers! We partnered with the talented Sweatshirt Dressshirt to create custom and inspirational background photos. From neighborhood/city specific to some of our favorite quotes, there are over 10 sparkly backgrounds to choose from. Click through the photo to download the high-res image and save to your phone! What’s not to love? Xo - GOLP
Rugs can dress up a room in an instant. Although they tend to come with a hefty price tag, they are so worth the investment. If you have browsed Houzz.com, Pinterest or other interior design blogs as of late, you might have come across this popular rug design. The classic color combination not only provides dimension and depth to the room, but the neutral colors are guaranteed to last for the years to come. These rugs can also be easily incorporated into modern, traditional, and contemporary styled homes. What do you think? Are you loving the black + white diamond combo? Let us know. Xo - GOLP
Vote for GOLP In Apartment Therapy's "Homie" Awards!
Attention, GOLP readers! We need your vote! As you may or may not know, Apartment Therapy is one of our favorite places on the web for interior design and inspiration. GOLP has been nominated for their 6th Annual Homie Awardswhich celebrates the best in home design and inspiration blogs! We hope you enjoy our little corner of the web as much as we enjoy posting and would appreciate your vote! All you have to do is click the +1 button next to “Girls of Lincoln Park” and register your nomination. Voting ends February 21st so be sure to cast your vote now! Xo - GOLP
We love a good bookshelf. Not only are they a great way to display and organize your favorite books but they are also quite easy to accessorize with frames, bookends and other home decor items. When it comes to styling a bookshelf though, stick to these 5 easy and simple rules.
1. Color Coordinate: Trust us, it looks good. Stack books with similar hues both vertically and horizontally throughout your bookshelf. It’s pleasing to the eye, stylish and it may even help you remember that great beach read from last summer.
2. Incorporate Different Focal Points: Bookshelves make it easy to also display some of your favorite pictures, paintings and home accessories. Objects like bookends and vases can easily fit within the shelves and help establish various focal points.
3. Symmetry: If you feel like your bookshelf isn’t as organized as you would like, try placing collectables and objects between books. Don’t be afraid of space as it’s important to scatter books to punctuate the look.
4. Extend Your Color Scheme: Painting the back of the bookshelf the same color as your walls can help make the room appear larger and provide a sense of unity. Not into painting? Try utilizing accessories in the same hue as your walls to bring the space together.
5. Ultimate Photo Gallery: Depending on the length and width of your shelves, a built in bookshelf can make the ultimate photo gallery wall. Be sure to mix and match frames using modern and antique frames throughout the wall.
Today we bring you Thimblepress, your new favorite card shop. Founded by Kristen Ley, Thimblepress features darling cards at great price points for any occassion. Hello Sunshine, I love you to the moon and back, and the hip hip hooray are just a select few from Kristen’s shop that we’re sure you’ll love. You can also find push-pop confetti ($7.50) for your next party. You can shop the Thimblepress Etsy shop here and be sure to follow along with Kristen on Facebook and Twitter. Enjoy! - GOLP
We recently discovered Everlane, a company that challenges the status quo with modern basics. Everlane searches the world for the best factories to produce their products. WIth both a mens and women’s line, Everlane produces high-quality wardrobe staples including relaxed tees, silk blouses and canvas bags. Not only do we love the quality of their products, but the prices are even better. You can shop their tees for $15 dollars, silk blouses for $80 dollars and canvas bags for $35 dollars.
With the goal of producing high quality, luxurious items just above cost, we have a feeling Everlane is going to develop a cult-like following and you know we’re already on board. You can shop their entire line here and help us the spread the word by referring your friends! You can receive a $15 dollars credit (or one relaxed tee to be exact) when your friends make their first purchase. You can follow Everlane on Facebook and Twitter. Happy Shopping! - GOLP
Introducing: la prairie Swiss Ice Crystal Collection
With the drab winter weather constantly drying out our skin, it’s so important we stay on top of our daily beauty routines. Not only to keep our skin hydrated but more importantly, to help stay on top of the anti-agning process. This winter la prairie has debuted a new collection based on a rare discovery of survivalist plants. La prairie’s new Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Ice Collection includes both a rich face cream and dry oil in which both include a rare combination of extracts to help protect skin from daily assaults.
We were able to test out the new line and both products are a must-try. The Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream uses a patent-pending complex of Alpine floral to help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while hydrating your skin. Our recommendation is to use this cream in the morning and at night after cleansing, and apply to the face and neck.
The Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil is also very hydrating but doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily. We actually like to combine the dry oil with the cream to enhance the hydrating elements of the moisturizer. According to la prairie researchers, the Dry Oil is made up of a unique blend of ingredients that helps protects the skin’s DNA and speeds up the rejuvenation of the skin and halts collagen degradation.
You can shop the new Cellular Swiss Crystal Ice Collection on www.laprairie.com. We’re sure your skin will thank you. Xo - GOLP
Miles high in the Swiss Alps, in a world of sheer ice crystals, beauty transcends time. Here, two seemingly fragile plants and one tiny algae survive and thrive in the harshest setting on earth, developing strategies to outwit the environment. It’s only fitting then that la prairie, with a heritage deeply rooted in Switzerland, harnessed these extreme-survivalist secrets into the Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Collection. The discovery combines some of the most sophisticated survivalist secrets.
*Disclosure: Compensation was provided by laboratories la prairie via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of laboratories la prairie.
We know it doesn’t feel like it, but spring is just around the corner (or so we hope). To celebrate the warmer weather to come, Warby Parker has launched their 2014 Spring Collection to help brighten your spirits. The standout collection features modern classics, adventurous hues, and attention-grabbing silhouettes. Warby Parker has designed 8 new shapes and six new colors to cover everyone of your looks and we are slightly obsessed to say the least. The Kimball Marzipan in tortoise and Marcel Aurora are two frames we’ve got on our radar. The new additions to their sun glass line are also just as chic. Be sure to keep up with Warby Parker on Facebook and Twitter + shop the new collection here. Xo - GOLP
8. Motto: “Work well, play well.” I work hard but make sure I enjoy myself, too. I try to make the most of this life!
9. On Repeat: DJ Seb Ingrosso’s Tomorrowland mix on Soundcloud. I admit I might have a crush on all three Swedish House Mafians. (I was able to see Steve Angello last year and hope to catch the other two this year!)
11. When I’m not working, I’m… playing with my daughter – usually I’m a customer at her “restaurant” or a “children” in her school…and she’s kinda bossy. :o)
12. Top 3 Interior Design Tips and Tricks: I follow my “5 pieces” rule: mix something textured/patterned, something shiny, something modern, something organic, and something antique/vintage. Works every time!
13. First Gig: Retail store in the mall – I learned I am not the best salesperson there ever was! Working for/by myself is a better fit.
14. Best Advice You Ever Received: When I turned 39, I really dreaded the year ahead. But a friend told me to make a “39 bucket list” to check off all year, and I have to say, by the time 40 came around, I felt really good about it. It was a fantastic year!
15. Closet Staple: Lightweight cashmere cardi’s in neutral colors – it’s all about layering in So Cal
16. Daily Beauty Ritual: I have very sensitive skin so I need to be diligent about my routine. One product I can’t live without is a bio-gommage peel by Physiodermie.
17. Cocktail of Choice: Vodka dirty martini, very dirty.
18. What is your advice to women who are trying to start their own business or passion project? Be true to your own brand style. Really own it and work it in every piece you produce.
19. Magazine(s)/Go-To Sites: HarpersBazaar.com, Vogue.fr, Grazia.it, Nuevo-Estilo.es never disappoint.
20. If you could have dinner with any woman, who would it be and where would you go? Kelly Wearstler. Can I invite myself to her amazing house?
21. Guilty Pleasure: I buy myself supermarket flowers every week – most often, blush roses.
22. What’s on your bar cart? St. Germaine, Lillet, Hendrick’s Gin, Chambord, and a 1970 Port from my dad (who works in the wine industry in Napa – I get all my good stuff from him!)
When it comes to interior design, there’s nothing better then having elements of surprises in a space…like a blue sofa. Recently I’ve stumbled across numerous photos of living rooms with a blue sofa and I’m seriously crushing. Although I particularly don’t like the feel of velvet (it is quite strange, I know) I do love the look and feel of a room that incorporates a blue velvet couch whether it’s tufted or not. It’s sophisticated and polished. It is also a bold move to have such a large statement piece in a hue you may not love forever.. So the question is…would you or wouldn’t you incorporate a blue sofa into your home? Xo - Lauren
Today we’re super excited to announce our new partnership with Brika! In case you aren’t familiar, Brika features numerous authentic artisans, makers, and designers from across the world. The team at Brika celebrates modern craft, storytelling, and the belief that our lives are as beautiful as we make them (a mantra here at GOLP as well).
Each week we will be highlighting a different maker and shop that we think you guys will love! From home decor to jewelry and accessories, there are so many makers and shops we’re excited to share.
First up is a unique shop called Sensible Habit run by Brandy Schuman out of Atlanta, Georgia. You can find numerous fun stamps for your handwritten notes and colorful tea towels for your kitchen. We particularly love the "just for you" stamp as you can stamp this on to just about any card and the "cheers" stamp as it is a creative way to make champagne glass tags for your next party! You can click on the image below to shop or on the numbers below the pictures. Be sure to keep up with Brika on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter! Xo - GOLP
Girl Crush - Jessica Serra Huizenga, Founder of the Confetti Bar
Name: Jessica Serra Huizenga Title: Chief Confetti Thrower & Mixologist at the Confetti Bar Neighborhood: Central, CT
1. Nail Polish Color: Ahh too hard to choose just one. I can never pick a favorite color anything! But the more sparkle, the better! ;)
2. Favorite Restaurant: I like going to different local places, but one of my favorites for a treat is The Melting Pot!
3. If you could travel anywhere in a moment’s notice, where would you go? Someplace exotic? Tropical? Someplace warm with a pretty beach has got my vote!
4. Why did you start the Confetti Bar? While there are a few different reasons, I guess it all really boils down to the simple fact that I just wanted to make something fun & colorful that would make not only me happy, but others as well!
5. Currently Reading: Just finished up Sparkle and The Champagne Diet by Cara Alwill Leyba so am in the market for a new book! I love to read - I just wish I had more time to do so!
6. Coffee Table Staple: Pretty flowers, inspirational books, and a candle burning is my ideal coffee table setup!
7. Top Three Beauty Products: Lip Balm (any kind), Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, and Too Faced Glitter Glue (cause a girl has to wear glitter!)
8. Motto: Be nice, have fun, make people smile.
9. On Repeat: Currently anything by Katy Perry.
10. Scent: I always change it up based on my mood, but I typically always like light, sweet, citrusy scents. Basically I like to smell like a fruit salad.
11. When I’m not working, I’m…. still working. I find it very hard to escape my life of confetti, but it’s a good thing because I love it so much! I also like to read, watch Netflix, and spend time with my family.
12. Currently Obsessed With: Jolly Ranchers. Disco Ball Earrings. Cozy slippers.
13. Your favorite confetti from the bar: I love them all, but one of my favorites will always be Unicorn Dandruff.
14. Best Advice You Ever Received: Take things one step at a time.
15. Closet Staple: Anything with sequins. Or just comfy leggings.
16. Daily Beauty Ritual: It really depends on the day, but every single day I get up, brush my teeth, shower, and put on deodorant & lotion (gotta smell fresh!). If it’s a good day, I’ll then do my hair and put on makeup, but most days it’s just straight to work!
17. Cocktail of Choice: If I’m being honest, the only two cocktails I really enjoy drinking are a Mimosa & Cotton Candy Lemonade (cotton candy flavored vodka in lemonade). Most times I don’t like the taste of alcohol. I prefer confetti-filled cocktails.
18. What is your advice to women who are trying to start their own business or passion project? Just start somewhere. Sometimes the hardest part is making an actual attempt to turn an idea into reality, and that first step usually makes all the difference.
19. Currently Watching: Just finished the first few seasons of Raising Hope (love!), so while I wait for the new ones I started watching Dawson’s Creek. I am kind of ashamed that as a girl of the 90’s-early 2000’s I have never seen any of it!
20. Guilty Pleasure: Cuddling up in bed and watching sappy romantic comedies…
21. What’s on your bar cart? Confetti! (no, seriously….)
You know we love discovering new and under-the-radar brands that are both unique and in line with our aesthetic here at GOLP. Recently, our good friends Nico and Lala introduced us to Handcut Design and we had to share. Handcut Design is an online boutique full of fabulous home decor items, dressed in the finest materials from around the world. Inspired by the uniqueness of each mineral, Handcut designers work to create fascinating pieces that welcome’s Earth’s natural beauty into your home.
Whether you’re in the market for standout lamps for your entryway or bookends for your bookshelf, the Handcut collection offers a wide variety of home decor items to choose from. The lucite and lacquer decorative boxes make a great addition to any coffee table, nightstand, or dresser while the mineral lamps add a touch of glam to any room. To shop the entire Handcut collection, click here and be sure to follow along on Facebook,Twitter and Pinterest. Enjoy! - GOLP
There are numerous items we’re loyal to when it comes to wardrobe staples. They’re classic, timeless, and versatile. Among our all-time favorites include the trench, sexy black pumps, and a moto jacket. One new closet staple we are introducing to our wardrobe is the slip on sneaker. Perfect for weekend brunching or running errands, slip on sneakers are easy and functional. What’s not to love? Happy Shopping! - GOLP
I might be a little biased, but Chicago is my favorite city in the world. That’s why I am so excited to be talking fashion with the Windy City readers here today! Because it is my hometown, I do realize Chicago can be pretty chilly in the winter months (-17 today?!) and while some would complain about the weather, I have put together a list of our favorite statement gloves, scarves and more to keep you looking super stylish…even in the cold! Xo - Kaleigh, Lux & Concord
Happy Weekend!! Hope everyone is staying warm. I’ve rounded up 5 of my favorite links from the week. Xo - Lauren
1. In the market for a new coffee table? I’m loving this Jonathan Adler gold brass coffee table. Usually his larger pieces come with a high(er) price, but we don’t think $895 is toooo bad for a statement piece, especially since the coffee table can be the center of attention in a living room.
2. My friends area always asking me for recommendations when it comes to coffee table books. I just added this one to my collection - Home Chic: Decorating With Style. The book is bursting with creative, fun style ideas.
3. See what I’m currently craving over on my good friend Cait’s blog, Pretty & Fun!