Spring may not have officially sprung in our fair city, but we’re not letting lukewarm temperatures keep us from refreshing our palette of sweet pastels. Adding pops of mint or lavender is the perfect way to brighten your mood and transition your look from winter to spring. Plus, the longevity of florals for spring and color blocking make it quite easy to mix pastels into your look. We’ve curated a sampling of fresh pastel pieces below. Enjoy! - GOLP
1. Personalized iPhone Charger: Make your iPhone charger stand out with personal adapters! Check out this etsy shop with personalized monograms.
2. BritKits: Ever want to try that DIY you saw on Pinterest or your favorite do-it-yourself blog, well BritKit makes it easy. Think BirchBox for DIY enthusiats. Each month, BritKit will deliver fun and creative do-it-yourself kits straight to your door full of the right accessories and tools!
3. Metallic Heels: Put a little pep in your step this spring with some metallic kicks! These pair by Asos are pretty killer and right on trend.
4. Emerald Mani: Not like you need another reason to incorporate Pantone’s color of the year into your everyday, but may we suggest an emerald mani? Going Incognito by Essie is the perfect color to celebrate “Mani Monday” + color of the year!
5. The Weekend Makeover: Everyone needs a little makeover once in a while whether it be spicing up your beauty routine, getting re-organized, or de-toxing. The Weekend Makeover is packed with entertaining anecdotes and offers a collection of life-altering “makeovers” for mind, body and spirit that can be accomplished in 48 hours..or just one weekend!
6. Manifesto Tee’s: Blogger Meg Biram of MegBiram.com recently launched her Manifesto t-shirt line. Each month a new saying will be etched across the perfect tee or cozy sweatshirt. We are digging her latest “lover” sweatshirt.
7. Mane Message Headbands: Don’t neglect your hair this spring and try out some new headbands/hair-ties from Mane Message! The All Dolled Up Glittered headbands come three to a package for just $15 dollars! Yes, please!
9. Pastel Bag: Although this comes as no surprise, pastels are huge for spring! Shocking, right? What better way to embrace the trend than with just the right mint handbag! We’ve got our eye on this Loeffler Randall Rider Bag. What a beaut.
1. Pastels - This past spring and summer we moved over our classic summer whites and made room for more subtle hues including pale pink and baby blue. Designers like Elizabeth and James and A.P.C. jumped right on board with the pastel color palette by creating ladylike dresses that definitely made it into our closets during the warmer months. We are pleased that pastels definitely took the cake as one of the top trends in 2012!
2. Print on Print - Mix and matching prints made more than one appearance this year. From the runway to some of our favorite bloggers, prints made a huge impact throughout each season this year!
3. Statement Pants/Floral Jeans: Playful patterns and colorful jeans were also a force to be reckoned with. Every major retailer from Shopbop to Gap, had a wide variety of colors to choose from throughout both the spring and summer months!
4. The Cropped Top - Cropped tops made their first appearance back in the mid-80’s with the likes of Madonna and other celebrities helping forge the way to reveal a little more skin. Since then, the cropped top has made several comebacks throughout the years and this year, we loved seeing the varying looks from the runway to the streets. Luckily there were plenty of high waisted bottoms and skirts to help us ease back into the trend in 2012.
5. Black-and-white patterns popped up in a big way in 2012. Designers like Monique Lhuillier and Phillip Lim worked the classic color combo into both their pre-fall collections in 2012. We also saw like-minded tastemakers and bloggers working it into their everyday wardrobes. One of our favorite looks? Pairing a white menswear style jacket over a black sheer top with black leather leggings.
6. A fleeting trend or a full-on wardrobe staple? We don’t care. We love the embellished collar to help pare-down an evening look and make an eye-catching statement. We hope these sparkly accents don’t go anywhere in 2013!
7. And who can forget about peplum?! The super-flirty trend took us from summer well into the cooler months this year and we still can’t get enough! From jackets and dresses to tops and skirts, these silhouette-altering pieces are a great way to show off your waistline while also making a statement!
8. Whether you prefer the name oxblood or burgundy, the sultry shade took over the streets and racks by storm in 2012! It’s no surprise that burgundy pieces came in all shapes and sizes from cozy sweaters to statement jackets and we plan on wearing this hue well into 2013!
9. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock all year, you are probably well aware of the highlighter hues that took over wardrobes in 2012. From bright accessories that help provide an effortless cool to cross-body bags and nail polish, neon was definitely all the rage this past year!
10. And last but not least, the high-top sneaker. This year we said good by to our old ratty gym shoes and introduced our wardrobe to some new kicks. From street-style stars to luxury designers, it seemed like everyone was getting on board with the high-top trend!
Pastels are definitely on trend for this spring and we can’t get enough. Seafoam and mint green are probably two of our favorite hues in the pastel category. Below are some of our favorite finds which includes a fabulous oversize clutch and patent loafers from Asos. Enjoy! - GOLP