Did you know there are about a million different ways to use coconut oil? Traditionally used in African beauty treatments, today coconut oil is becoming mainstream and a must-have ingredient in beauty products across the world. Not only can you use it when cooking, but coconut oil is full of Vitamin E and fatty acids which are anti-oxidizing and anti-bacterial that can help detoxify the body, fade scars, and improve complexion.
When it comes to specialty oils like coconut oil we turn to La Tourangelle which is an artisan oil mill that uses traditional french methods to produce delicious and organic specialty oils. Sunflower Oil and Avocado Oil are two other products that can also be used for at-home beauty remedies. Sunflower oil can be used to fight acne and Avocado oil is known to increase the amount of collagen in your skin - yes, please!
The virgin & unrefined coconut oil is 100% organic and fresh and delicious. Made from organic coconuts, this product can be used in stir fries, curries and baking, or as a replacement for butter. Who knew? In addition to cooking, we’ve rounded up our top 10 favorite ways to use the product! So say hello to your new miracle beauty ingredient!
1. Body Scrub. Seriously, you can use coconut oil as a body scrub. Just combine the oil with sugar and voila! Check out this DIY coconut oil + sugar scrub recipe.
2. Shaving Lotion. Offers a close shave + provides moisture at the same time.
3. Eye Makeup Remover. Apply to a cotton ball, add a little water, and gently sweep over your eyes. Coconut oil does a great job breaking down the makeups ingredients and leaves the delicate area hydrated as well. And yes, it removes waterproof mascara as well! Amazing.
4. Body + Face Moisturizer. A recent study found that when coconut oil is applied to your skin, it can actually help heal wounds. In addition, it hydrates the skin and can leave your skin feeling smoothed and nourished. When using as a face moisturizer, wash your face as you normally do and apply a light layer afterwards.
5. Lip Balm. You can apply coconut oil directly to your lips or you can create a flavored version with this DIY recipe.
6. Leave-in Overnight Conditioner. We love a good deep conditioning hair treatment. Rub the coconut oil (a small amount) on the ends of your hair and comb through and be sure to wash out in the morning. It will leave your hair silky and smooth.
7. Dry Feet/Elbow Treatment. Winter months can sure damage and dry out our skin. For your feet, you can mix with salt to form a foot scrub and for your elbows, just rub directly on the area to help manage the dry skin.
8. Mix in Bath Water. You can actually soak in your bath with coconut oil. Just melt about 1/4 cup in the microwave and add it to your bath water and soak.
9. Sunburn. Although you should not be basking for hours in the sun, Coconut oil can be a great remedy for sunburnt skin.
10. Cheekbone Highlighter. This product is seriously magic. You can apply a small amount on your cheekbones (over makeup) to provide a slight highlighting effect.
- swingingsquin likes this
- godmademebeautifulnaturally reblogged this from thegirlsoflincolnpark
- meganmayday likes this
- newyork8newyork likes this
- whizward likes this
- wavvesofme likes this
- latulacuecho likes this
- twizzy89 reblogged this from thegirlsoflincolnpark
- twizzy89 likes this
- brasileira-rican likes this
- bubblesyoucantpop reblogged this from thegirlsoflincolnpark
- bubblesyoucantpop likes this
- fisforfetish likes this
- midnight-yogi likes this
- directingmyself likes this
- whatsashacker likes this
- fightingmyfearfoods likes this
- issitachula reblogged this from thegirlsoflincolnpark
- mollyd522 likes this
- therockettdream likes this
- shadowprovesthesunshine likes this
- littlemisshappyhour likes this
- doeverythingwithlove likes this
- krrristie likes this
- enggirl likes this
- favrius likes this
- yarabirham reblogged this from thegirlsoflincolnpark and added:
- yarabirham likes this
- avenit likes this
- jenniferaross likes this
- kaseyandceline reblogged this from thegirlsoflincolnpark and added:
- blissful--radiance likes this
- thegirlsoflincolnpark posted this