Name: Susanna Negovan
Title: Editor and Publisher, Splash
Neighborhood: River North
1. Favorite Street Style Star: My 6-year-old niece, Anna, who lives in Saskatoon, SK (deep in Canada) but manages to put together the coolest outfits. Whenever we’re together, we play dress-up.
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Bold black and white, because it’s the opposite of what anyone expects for spring fashion.
3. On Repeat: Everything Helmut Lang in my closet.
4. Bucket List: You think I have time for a bucket list?! :)
5. Dinner Party Guest List: My husband Tom and I recently attended an intimate, eight-person dinner party hosted by style writer Amy Tara Koch and her husband Peter Gottlieb. On the list: Cubs president Theo Epstein and his fashion designer wife Marie Whitney, and Chicago Children’s Choir president Josephine Lee and her branding-expert husband, Kevin McConkey. They are all such smart, accomplished and creative people that it was an inspiring night.
6. What’s On Your Bar Cart: Homemade green juice, Santa Margherita Prosecco (I have a steady supply thanks to being friends with the importers), and Pom Tango from David’s Tea.
7. Can’t Live Without: The candy bar at the Sun-Times, stocked with everything from M&Ms to Fun Dip, which is ideal for when I need late-afternoon inspiration.
8. What Every Girl Must Have In Her Closet: Lots of delicate gold layering pieces by my friend Lana Bramlette (her line, at lanajewelry.com, is carried at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Intermix and more). I’ve known her since her line debuted in 2002, which means I have at least one piece from every collection she’s ever made. It’s my investment plan!
9. Top Three Beauty Products: 1. I recently discovered the Greek beauty line Korres. Maybe it’s because I have an olive complexion that’s hard to match, but I’m addicted to their Quercetin & Oak Antiaging Foundation. 2. On a recent visit to The Few Institute (yes, I admit to getting Botox), Dr. Julius Few suggested I try his JF Aesthetic R-nol 20 Serum. I couldn’t believe how quickly it changed my skin texture. I’ll be using this serum forever! 3. The Aqua colleciton by Make Up For Ever lasts all day, and since I have to put on my own TV makeup every morning (and have it last through nighttime events), it’s one of my go-tos. I especially love the Aqua Shadow.
10. Date Night: At home in bed with popcorn and Netflix.
11. Chicago Boutique: Lulu’s at the Belle Kay (3862 N. Lincoln), which - in my opinion - has the best vintage in the country.
12. Scent: Caudalie’s The des Vignes. A super-clean, happy scent that people always comment on when I kiss them hello.
13. Apps: Now that I’m on Fox’s Good Day Chicago five mornings a week, Uber is a lifesaver to get me there on time.
14. If you could meet any designer, who would it be: I think I’ve met them all! :) In particular, I’ve enjoyed Prabal Gurung, Michael Kors and Diane von Furtstenberg.
15. Coffee-Table Staple: The Sunday New York Times, which takes a couple of days to read thoroughly.
16. Chicago Restaurant: GT Fish & Oyster for their oyster po’ boy sliders (named one of the best dishes of 2011 by James Beard) and yummy fish tacos. I’m there at least once a week.
17. Go-To Heels: There’s only one answer: Brian Atwood! A Joliet native who has gone to global acclaim. Plus, his brother works at Splash.