Holiday entertaining is single-handedly one of our favorite past times. There’s nothing better then celebrating this time of year with family and friends over delicious food and tasty cocktails. When it comes to the actual planning, though, many people can feel overwhelmed even when it comes to the decor. Luckily we have retailers like Pier 1 that provide a great selection and stylish products.
Creating a new center piece or table scape doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive when you know what you’re looking for. We’ve highlighted a few of our key tips to keep in mind when planning this year’s holiday soiree:
1. Keep to a general color scheme. When shopping, be on the lookout for a items and pieces that go along with your general color scheme. This year we wanted to stay within the silver tones. We found these Mercury Glass Candle Holders which are not only stylish but are well priced ($28 dollars for the large and $22 dollars for the small).
2. Mix and match. After establishing your general color scheme, don’t be afraid to mix and match textures. We incorporated these Glass & Silver Metal Candleholders with the Mercury Glass Candle Holders to create an eye-catching mixture.
3. Set the mood! Don’t overlook the lighting when it comes to your party. Candles are a great addition to any party atmosphere. We particularly loved the texture of these Silver Beaded Pillar Candles paired with the Mercury Candle Holders.
4. Vary the candle height. Whether you prefer scented or unscented candles, if you are using numerous candles throughout your table setting, be sure to use varying heights to help establish different focal points throughout the setting.
5. Accessorize! Incorporating small accents like these Champagne Glitter Spheres are a great and inexpensive way to add glitter to your table scape or center piece.
6. Last but not least, play around with your center piece! Below are a few snapshots from our initial set up. Mix and match the candle holders, switch up the height of the candles and re-organize the accessories to find what looks best for you and your table!
*Brand Statement: If it’s interesting, if it’s impressive, if it’s colorful and cute and one-of-a-kind - then odds are it’s probably from Pier 1. After all, Pier 1 has been the place for unique finds for over 40 years. Our buyers travel the world’s major capitals and small villages hunting for the kinds of treasures you can’t find just anywhere - fresh and fragrant candles, exotic wicker, hand-painted dinnerware, gorgeous textiles and thoughtful hand crafted gifts. Find what speaks to you at Pier 1 Imports!
*Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Pier 1 Imports via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pier 1 Imports.