Design ruts.. we all have them..whether you’re decorating a new home or you want to spice up your current space, it’s always good to be on the look out for designs, products, or pieces that inspire you. This is the first post of a two post series where we will share 9 tips on how to get the most out of what’s around you!
1. Current Obsessions: Look around your current space for things that you absolutely love. What colors, fabrics, patterns, materials, prints can’t you live without?
2. Magazines: Fashion can easily transform itself into home decor trends. Pick up a magazine. Read it. From cover to cover. Bookmark pages that inspire you..Is it an ad? Or is it a collage full of editors top picks?
3. Pinterest: This probably doesn’t come as a surprise but Pinterest is obviously one of the best ways to help you get out of your design rut. For example search for colors or the type of space you’re looking to redo. Is it your bedroom or dinning room? Follow HGTV or top interior designers like Grant Gibson or Emily Henderson for constant design updates.
4. Inspiration Board: Now let’s take a cue from Pinterest and actually create a real life inspiration board. Whether it’s in your home office or bedroom, inspiration boards allow you to be surrounded by those images and pictures that can get your creativity stirring on a daily basis.
5. Cards: As we like to say, a handwritten note never goes out of style. If you come across a witty or inspiring card, display it. Maybe hang it on that new inspiration board of yours?!
*Dyson Hot + Cool fan heaters use Air Multiplier technology to provide the fastest even room heating in winter and smooth cool air in summer for year-round use. There are no fast-spinning blades or visible heating elements, so it’s safe and easy to cean. Learn more at www.dyson.com/hot+cool
*Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Dyson via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dyson.
*All images via The GIrls of Lincoln Park Instagram (GirsofLP)