To quote Miranda Priestly from the Devil Wears Prada, “Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking..” Ms. Priestly may not think floral prints are cutting edge, but that’s because she has yet to see some of our favorite floral frocks! Designers have re-vamped the iconic print for spring, incorporating the look across clutches, jeans, and blouses to name a few. So put away that LFD (little floral dress), it’s time to rock an edgier floral look!
BCBGMaxazria Blouse // Jonathan Simkahi Floral Skirt // Nicholas Tapestry Print Peplum Top // 3.1 Phillip Lim Scout Cross Body Bag // Nicholas Botanical Haze Pencil Skirt // Rebecca Minkoff Floral Mini Mac Bag // Bec & Bridge Rosetta Skinny Jeans (50% Off) // Tibi Daises Sleeveless Top
You know we love a good street style star. From Miroslava Duma to Anna Della Russo, Paris Fashion Week had some major moments. From full on monochromatic looks to print on print to double layered coats, below are some of our favorite shots courtesy of Diego Zuka/Harpers Bazaar. Happy Style Stalking! Xo - GOLP
Even though spring feels like it’s lightyears away, doesn’t mean we can’t start sprucing up our spring wardrobe! There so many trends we can’t wait to try out including black and white, the bomber jacket and now, dip-dye (or also commonly known as ombre) that we’ve officially began the countdown to warmer weather! We’ve seen the dip-dye come back time and time again from interiors to the runway. Whether its a purse, scarf or denim, dousing accessories or clothing with a little bleach results in an ultra-cool, laid back beachy style that’s hard to resist. Target recently launched their dip-dye collection that makes it easy for you to get the look. From the Mossimo Dip-Dye Tote to the Mossimo Dip-Dye Scarf, below are a few of our favorite dip-dye accessories as well as other favorite accessories we’re currently coveting for spring! Xo - GOLP
*It’s Time For Spring // Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
The bomber jacket has been around for decades… If Tom Cruise in Top Gun back in the 80’s didn’t influence your pilot fashion, let us reintroduce you this spring. The bomber jacket is currently experiencing a renewed interest and we’re jumping on board. Designers such as Alexander Wang and Givenchy included the cropped jacket in their 2013 Resort collections. And with the use of bold prints and luxe textures, the infamous bomber jacket has been receiving a well-deserved makeover.
When shopping for the ultimate bomber jacket, be on the lookout for three of our favorite styles:
1. The Contrast Sleeve: Talk about an of-the-moment street style staple. We are big fans of this L’Agence Colorblock Bomber Jacket. The metallic sleeves delightfully contrast with the neutral base fabric. For a more classic style, look for banded cuffs and sporty details.
2. Metallic: If you picked up the March issue of Elle, you would see country darling Taylor Swift rocking a beautiful Burberry Prorsum metallic leather and jersey bonded bomber jacket. Although Taylor’s jacket is not exactly in our price range, we’ve opted for this more affordable version.
3. Fitted Neutral: If you aren’t feeling as bold or daring with a metallic or printed bomber, look for the more fitted version in black, white or grey. This Thread and Supply or Halogen leather bomber are both great staples that make a quieter statement.
Will you be rocking the bomber this spring? Which jacket is your favorite? Xo - GOLP
L’Agence Colorblock Bomber Jacket // Halogen Leather Jacket // Bomber Jacket Nordstrom // Theory ‘Yudita’ Leather Bomber Jacket // Burberry Brit Bomber Jacket // Thread & Supply Bomber Jacket // Rag & Bone Floral Print Jacket (40% Off) // Mural Sequin Bomber Jacket
Hi there! Tobe here from Because It’s Awesome, super thrilled to be hanging out with The Girls of Lincoln Park today! With the winter storms that have been terrorizing the midwest of late, I am seriously ready for spring. The patio to be exact..
When it comes to out door decorating or entertaining, the recipe for success is simple: comfy seating, pops of color, and plenty of greenery … Be on the look out for comfortable cushions that you can switch out all summer long, bright umbrellas (West Elm and Pottery Barn are both good places to start), and no one ever turned down a little bit or fire pit action if you have the space for it. Another great way to enhance lighting outside is by placing lanterns around your seating area. Mix and match the height for the ultimate display.
As each season comes and goes, it’s important we have just the right handbag to tote around the city. Let’s face it, we’re busy girls and need room to carry the million items we have on us at all times. This season we’re complete suckers for Reed Krakoff’s sophisticated satchels. The ‘Gym Bag I’ is just the right size, cross-body, and definitely worth the investment. This particular bag also comes in various hues including the on-trend, of the moment color combo, black and white. Other current obsessions include Rebecca Minkoff’s M.A.B. camel leather tote, Kate Spade’s Waverly bag and last but not least, Coach’s Mini Tote which comes in the perfect vibrant coral hue. Tote on, ladies! - GOLP
Today we’re super excited to introduce our new Girl Crush weekly feature!
Each week we hope to introduce you to girls from Chicago and beyond that are the movers and the shakers. They are inspirational, glamorous and fun. We’ve come up with a list of questions that we think you’ll find entertaining and to get us started off right, is the one and only Corri McFadden. Founder of the online luxury consignment service, eDrop-Off!
1. What’s on your…bar cart: No bar cart for me, I’m a white wine kind of girl.
2. Ideal Dinner Party Guest List: Spiro (my fiancé), Christian Siriano, my eDrop-off girls, Graham Kostic, and April Francis. I prefer to have dinner with people that I know and love. My dream dinner party guest list would have to include Anna Wintour and Miroslava Duma!
3. Bucket List: I’m not a bucket list kind of girl. I live my life everyday to the fullest.
4. Coffee Table Staple: Fashion coffee table books are a must. I like to rotate mine monthly so they actually get the attention they so deserve.
5. Street Style Star: Miroslava Duma
6. Can’t Live Without Apps: Instagram, Vine, eBay, Pose and can’t forget about Chase. They make banking so easy!
7. Spotify Playlist: A mix from Brad Walsh will hold me through any situation.
8. Pinterest Board: I prefer keep.com..If you’re not familiar, check it out!
9. Wardrobe Staple: I love Rag and Bone and Mother jeans.. And you will always find Jennifer Zeuner around my neck.
10. Can’t Live Without: My closet.
11. Go-To Chicago Restaurant: I’m a huge fan of Little Market. It just opened and is a great addition to the neighborhood. It’s the perfect casual, chic type of environment. An the food is amazing!
12. Motto: Competition keeps me in condition.
13. Chicago Must-Stop Shop: Sofia Vintage
14. Neighborhood: Gold Coast
15. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Who doesn’t love black + white?!