First, let us start by saying we adore Jenn Lake. Every time we see her out and about she simply looks fabulous. And may we add, you’re going to love her answers below. Thanks, Jenn for introducing us to three new beauty products that are currently sitting in our Sephora shopping cart! Xo - GOLP
1. Street Style Star: This is a difficult question as I adore so many! Leandra Medine and Miroslava Duma (for their signature styles), Anna Dello Russo and Michelle Harper (aspiration fashion), Blair Eadie and Poppy Delevigne (everyday looks), Jessica Stein and Nicole Warne (the most impeccably styled Aussies!).
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Lucite bags. I own two but definitely want more!
3. On Repeat: Florence + The Machine never gets old!
4. Bucket List: Living in Paris for a summer and volunteering in Angola, Africa with my family.
5. Dinner Party Guest List: Lauren Santo Domingo, Andy Warhol, Grace Coddington, Truman Capote, Audrey Hepburn, Brad Goreski, Diane von Furstenberg, Tom Ford, Grace Kelly, Kate Middleton, and Michael Kors.
6. If I weren’t in PR, I would be… well rested!
7. Can’t Live Without: My husband.
8. What Every Girl Must Have In Their Closet: An embellished ball gown, Henry & Belle denim, the perfect leather jacket, vintage 1960’s cocktail dress, colorful maxi dresses for vacations, iconic handbags, and anything from Gilt.com!
10. Date Night: Dinner and drinks at Nomi at the Park Hyatt Chicago!
11. Words To Live By: Dream On.
13. Scent: Heavenly by Victoria Secret.It’s been my go-to since high school and I’ve never converted! I believe every woman should have a signature scent.
14. Fashion Apps: Gilt, Style.com, Gilt City, WWD, The Collection, & Net-A-Porter
15. If you could meet any designer, it would be: Mary Katrantzou
Get ready! This weekend the infamous Hollywood based consignment retailer, Decades, will be making a guest appearance here in Chicago! There will be so many shoes (that have never been worn) and handbags (yes, Chanel) you won’t even know where to start. The pop-up shop will be hosted at Space519 (900 N. Michigan) on Saturday from10:00-7:00pm and Sunday from 12:00-6:00pm! And in case if you we’re wondering, Bravo’s newest reality show, The Dukes of Melrose, is based on the fabulous duo behind Decades! So set your DVR’s Wednesday nights to catch some super funny, vintage, fabulous moments! Happy Consigning! - GOLP
1. Personalized iPhone Charger: Make your iPhone charger stand out with personal adapters! Check out this etsy shop with personalized monograms.
2. BritKits: Ever want to try that DIY you saw on Pinterest or your favorite do-it-yourself blog, well BritKit makes it easy. Think BirchBox for DIY enthusiats. Each month, BritKit will deliver fun and creative do-it-yourself kits straight to your door full of the right accessories and tools!
3. Metallic Heels: Put a little pep in your step this spring with some metallic kicks! These pair by Asos are pretty killer and right on trend.
4. Emerald Mani: Not like you need another reason to incorporate Pantone’s color of the year into your everyday, but may we suggest an emerald mani? Going Incognito by Essie is the perfect color to celebrate “Mani Monday” + color of the year!
5. The Weekend Makeover: Everyone needs a little makeover once in a while whether it be spicing up your beauty routine, getting re-organized, or de-toxing. The Weekend Makeover is packed with entertaining anecdotes and offers a collection of life-altering “makeovers” for mind, body and spirit that can be accomplished in 48 hours..or just one weekend!
6. Manifesto Tee’s: Blogger Meg Biram of MegBiram.com recently launched her Manifesto t-shirt line. Each month a new saying will be etched across the perfect tee or cozy sweatshirt. We are digging her latest “lover” sweatshirt.
7. Mane Message Headbands: Don’t neglect your hair this spring and try out some new headbands/hair-ties from Mane Message! The All Dolled Up Glittered headbands come three to a package for just $15 dollars! Yes, please!
9. Pastel Bag: Although this comes as no surprise, pastels are huge for spring! Shocking, right? What better way to embrace the trend than with just the right mint handbag! We’ve got our eye on this Loeffler Randall Rider Bag. What a beaut.
We’d be lying if we said we weren’t dreaming of some fabulous, sun-soaked weekend getaway right about now. For those of you lucky enough heading somewhere warm, we’ve rounded up a slew of weekend essentials to ensure you’ll look chic at all times! Below are our must-pack items you can find all on Target.com!
1. Vibrant Swimsuit: Whether you prefer a bikini or one-pice, Target has so many bold and colorful swimsuits to choose from! When it comes to bikini’s don’t be afraid to mix and match colors and prints. As far as one pieces, look for cutouts and bold patterns that help you make a statement!
2. Large Brim Hat: If you don’t already have a large brim hat or a Panama hat, definitely add that to your list. They are the epitme of seaside glam.
3. The Ultimate Cover Up (or two…or three): A girl can never have too many cover ups, right? They are so easy to throw on and off when you’re headed to and from the beach or to grab a bite to eat. All three of our top picks below from Target can easily be dressed up or down pending the occasion!
4. Shades: The most important packing essential! Sunglasses are our favorite accessory as they are both functional and stylish. Not only do they protect you from UV rays but they are the finishing touch to any ensemble! Be sure to find a style that fits your face but don’t be afraid to test the waters with a new shape like a cat eye or an out-of-the-box print.
5. Sandals: Flat sandals as you can imagine are another packing essential. Target has so many styles to choose from it seriously is difficult to narrow down to just three!
Will you be going somewhere warm and fabulous? Xo - GOLP
*It’s Time For Spring Time/Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target through Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
Wedding season is just around the corner so it’s important we begin to prep our closets! From the numerous rehearsal dinners and bridal showers to the wedding day itself, we’ve lined up a few lace frocks perfect for just about any spring or summer soiree!
Donna Morgan Belted Lace Dress // Cynthia Steffe Lace Fit & Flare Dress // Cynthia Steffe ‘Jean’ Lace Dress // Adrianna Papell V-Neck Dress // Adrianna Papell Illusion Sheath Dress // Adrianna Papell Scalloped Lace Dress // DVF Lace Sheath Dress
You know we love Gilt City. Who better else to help represent Chi City than our latest Girl Crush of the week, Nicole Banks!
Name: Nicole Banks
Occupation: Sales Lead, Gilt City Chicago
Neighborhood: River North
1. Style Icon: Olivia Palermo and The Olsens
2. Bucket List: Skydiving..preferably over the Alps! I’m also dying to travel to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam for a month (or more!). Last but not least, an African Safari.
3. Ideal Dinner Party Guest List: Coco Chanel, Hemingway, Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Zelda Fitzgerald and Christian Dior.
4. On Repeat: Of Monsters and Men. Still can’t get it out of my head since our 2012 Rooftop Lolla Party!
5. Must-Have Beauty Product: I never leave home without my Yves Saint Laurent ‘Touche Eclat’.. It’s perfect for just about everything.
6. Wardrobe Staple: My bangles! I’ve collected them from Alexis Bittar, J.Crew, Gilt.com, and a few vintage shops around the city. My grandpa even made one of my favorite ones!
7. Can’t Live Without: Nude Louboutin Pigalle Pumps.. They’re totally worth the pain.
9. Trend Your Loving For Spring: Mint and florals!
10. Top 3 Designers: 3.1 Phillip Lim, The Row and Lanvin
11. Motto: Happiness. Always.
12. Chicago Must-Stop Shop: Roslyn on North Damen.
13. On Your Bar Cart: Kettle One, Tanqueray, Silver Patron and Martini & Rossi. You’ll also find Pepper Straws, Gold Rimmed Glasses via West Elm, a trinket from Morocco, Lemons and a Brooklyn Slate Cheese Board!
14. Interior Design Philosophy: I classify my style as Parisian chic meets mid-century with a few hints of industrial and rustic accents! I pretty much try to incorporate whatever I love into our home!