It’s that time of year to start stocking up on your easygoing footwear! Target has so many standout colorful and printed sandals that our top picks below will easily become your warm-weather staples. Whether you prefer gladiator or the classic flip flop, we’ve gathered a mix of amazing styles you must try this spring! Happy Shopping! - GOLP
Hi GOLP readers! I’m Alex from Dreams + Jeans. I’m happy to be over here today talking about one of my favorite wardrobe staples: stripes! I have a ridiculous amount of striped pieces from sweaters to silk shirts to shoes - I simply can’t get enough! While I love stripes on their own, they also look amazing paired with other stripes and patterns - especially florals and leopard prints. Below are a few of my favorite striped pieces to add to your collection.
Today we are super excited to have Nike’s very own Laura Huizenga, Community Manager for NTC Lincoln Park! In case you haven’t had a chance to check out the half sprawling workout studio, half retail store, may we suggest you do that this weekend? Seven days a week Nike hosts numerous classes with trainers from all across the city including Barre Bee Fit, Tru Harmony, Nike+ Running Club, and more - for free. Now there’s really no excuse for us not to workout this weekend! Enjoy! - GOLP
1. Must-Try Workout: NTC (Nike Training Club) is our signature full body cardio-core and strength training workout. The trainers are so motivating and the workouts definitely push you to your limit. Prepare to have troubles walking up the stairs the next day!
2. On Repeat: Hanging on by Ellie Goulding
3. Bucket List: Camping trip at Yellowstone or Gran Canyon. I’ve never gone on hiking trip but I’m convinced that it will be the best trip of my life when I do..
4. Dinner Party Guest List: Michelle Obama, Jennifer Lawrence, Oprah and my college roommates..They would definitely appreciate the first three.
5. My next pair of Nike’s will be: I’m starting to get into speed work as part of my training for the Nike Women DC Half; so I plan on getting the Nike Free Run+ 3.5 to give me maximum flexibility while I still having the protection of a traditional shoe.
6. Can’t Live Without: Sunshine and fresh air.
7. Coffee Order: Regular coffee with cream and splenda!
9. Spin or Yoga: Yoga! I’m currently training at CorePower Yoga to be a certified Instructor. It helps me center myself and learn to tap into my inner strength. I think spinning is very humbling though… the thigh burn is intense!
10. Motto: “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” - Dalai Lama and “We are not proud people. Make mistakes.” - My Mom
11. If I weren’t the community manager for Nike, I’d be…I’d take Jillian Michael’s career any day.
12. If I could run a marathon in any city, it would be: One of the girls who participates in our run clubs is training for the Paris Marathon! I would love to run this marathon as it tours the entire city including the Luvre, the Eiffel Tower and the Notre Dame Cathedral! The miles must fly!
13. Must-Have Nike Apparel: The Cyclone Jacket! It has dri-fit mesh on the inside but allows allows for ventilation.
14. Top Apps: Nike+ Running app is a great way to track all of my runs and we also have an NTC app which helps me cross-train. I’m also a sucker for Family Feud!
15. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Mint! It’s such a fresh color for spring, I can’t help but smile when I wear it!
16. Nail Polish: Bangle Jangle by Essie.
17. Daily Fuel Points: I almost always reach 4,000 points but on days I work out and run, I can easily reach 5,000! I basically can’t sit still.
18. Check Yes or No - Wedge Sneakers: YES. I can’t wait for Spring so I can rock the Nike Sky Highs!
This spring it’s absolutely essential that you have bold and bright pieces to work into your wardrobe. Whether you prefer color blocking or pairing these vivid hues with your classic whites, Target has so many options to choose from ranging in various colors including coral, yellow and blue! And let’s not forget about Prabal Gurung for Target. So many pieces from this collection are perfect for Spring. Try this coral top with distressed denim (currently coveting these) for a lazy weekend look or this bright yellow + white blouse with a floral shorts for a dressier, night-out-on-the-town look! Get ready to indulge in some guilt-free shopping and check out our must-have pieces below! Xo - GOLP
*It’s Time For Springtime / Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
Hi Ya’ll! It’s Ali from A Dash of Details, and I’m su per excited to be over here on Girls of Lincoln Park today! With GOLP being one of my favorite places to find fashion inspiration, I thought it was only fitting to lsut over some of my favorite Spring finds.
Although Chicago and Kansas City are still experiencing some frigid temperatures, to say I am ready for Spring is a complete understatement. When it comes to SPring, there are four things that come to mind: floral prints, the perfect pair of new sandals, sunnies, and sitting on a patio with friends on a warm, sunny day. I may still be wearing boots and a coat for a little longer, but a girl can dream, right?!
A huge thanks again for having me on GOLP! Be sure to stop on by and say “hello” to a Dash of Details! Xo -Ali