Fifty-five years ago Coco Chanel debuted a practical yet elegant pair of capped shoes that quickly transformed into an iconic staple of the times. Fast forward to 2012 and that same colorblocked style has inspired this season’s hottest heel trend, with an extra kick. The new-age capped toe mixes metallics with spikes, golds with leopards, and is often pointed rather than rounded. The sundry finishes and eye-catching combinations make it an alluring fall purchase, and its presence on the spring and fall 2012 Louis Vuitton runways only reinforce its staying power. Which pair will you be wearing this season? Xo - GOLP
This Wednesday, October 24th join Scoop NYC at its Bucktown location from 5-8pm to celebrate the arrival of the AG Pop-up Shop! The event will feature Anna Jane of See Jane and Kevin Aeh of Time Out Chicago in addition to cocktails and live music by DJ Lani Love! Shop an assortment of AG apparel for men and women and enter-to-win a free pair of AG jeans! Prices of the collection range from $75-$235. See you there! - GOLP
Cashmere sweaters all under $100? Yes, please.
You know we all love us some Gilt Groupe and good thing for us as Gilt City Chicago will be hosting a Warehouse sale Friday, October 26th and Saturday, October 27th! Members are invited to experience the brand’s legendary Warehouse Sale featuring the most coveted brands at insider prices. From emerging designers to veritable fashion houses, shoppers can peruse racks that are stocked with fashion of all kinds including the newest shoe styles, jewelry, suits, jackets, denim, tops and outerwear for men, women and children. For the home, expect bedding, kitchen and bath accessories, decorative pieces and much more.
Between trips to the fitting room, guests can fuel up with beverages from FIJI water, La Marca Prosecco, Vita Frute and Vita Coco, snacks from KIND Bars and PopChips and makeup applications from Benefit Cosmetics. Ticket prices vary according to date and time of session and allow for two hours of perusing and purchasing.
The warehouse sale will be taking place at the Museum of Contemporary Art Warehouse (1747 W. Hubbard). Tickets go on sale TODAY at noon! So get your links ready and don’t miss out on this fab shopping experience! Hope to see you all there!
5 Must-Have Shoes for Fall … All Under $125
This season there are a few key players in the shoe game and we’ve invited Pursuit of Shoes to share her five faves that won’t break the bank!
1. Pointed-toe flats are having a huge resurgence this season! Leopard or nudes styles will carry you through Spring 2013. These babies from Colin Stuart are beyond wallet friendly… grab a pair or three!
2. Ankle Boots are the perfect go-to shoe for Fall. They can easily work from day to night, while still looking casual chic. Go for a monochromatic pair or get funky with these color-blocking boots from Sole Society!
3. Smoking Flats can pull together any outfit and the best part is they are uber comfy! This pair from GAP incorporates Fall’s hottest pattern, polka dots.
4. Riding Boots are a must! Pair them with leggings or jeans for any weekend outing - a great leather pair doesn’t have to break the bank thanks Sole Society!
5. Cap Toe Heel feel oh-so sophisticated and girly!
ASOS took a preppy take on the cap toe but I’m also loving metal cap toes from Zara and Steve Madden!