Today we are super excited to have Nike’s very own Laura Huizenga, Community Manager for NTC Lincoln Park! In case you haven’t had a chance to check out the half sprawling workout studio, half retail store, may we suggest you do that this weekend? Seven days a week Nike hosts numerous classes with trainers from all across the city including Barre Bee Fit, Tru Harmony, Nike+ Running Club, and more - for free. Now there’s really no excuse for us not to workout this weekend! Enjoy! - GOLP
1. Must-Try Workout: NTC (Nike Training Club) is our signature full body cardio-core and strength training workout. The trainers are so motivating and the workouts definitely push you to your limit. Prepare to have troubles walking up the stairs the next day!
2. On Repeat: Hanging on by Ellie Goulding
3. Bucket List: Camping trip at Yellowstone or Gran Canyon. I’ve never gone on hiking trip but I’m convinced that it will be the best trip of my life when I do..
4. Dinner Party Guest List: Michelle Obama, Jennifer Lawrence, Oprah and my college roommates..They would definitely appreciate the first three.
5. My next pair of Nike’s will be: I’m starting to get into speed work as part of my training for the Nike Women DC Half; so I plan on getting the Nike Free Run+ 3.5 to give me maximum flexibility while I still having the protection of a traditional shoe.
6. Can’t Live Without: Sunshine and fresh air.
7. Coffee Order: Regular coffee with cream and splenda!
9. Spin or Yoga: Yoga! I’m currently training at CorePower Yoga to be a certified Instructor. It helps me center myself and learn to tap into my inner strength. I think spinning is very humbling though… the thigh burn is intense!
10. Motto: “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” - Dalai Lama and “We are not proud people. Make mistakes.” - My Mom
11. If I weren’t the community manager for Nike, I’d be…I’d take Jillian Michael’s career any day.
12. If I could run a marathon in any city, it would be: One of the girls who participates in our run clubs is training for the Paris Marathon! I would love to run this marathon as it tours the entire city including the Luvre, the Eiffel Tower and the Notre Dame Cathedral! The miles must fly!
13. Must-Have Nike Apparel: The Cyclone Jacket! It has dri-fit mesh on the inside but allows allows for ventilation.
14. Top Apps: Nike+ Running app is a great way to track all of my runs and we also have an NTC app which helps me cross-train. I’m also a sucker for Family Feud!
15. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Mint! It’s such a fresh color for spring, I can’t help but smile when I wear it!
16. Nail Polish: Bangle Jangle by Essie.
17. Daily Fuel Points: I almost always reach 4,000 points but on days I work out and run, I can easily reach 5,000! I basically can’t sit still.
18. Check Yes or No - Wedge Sneakers: YES. I can’t wait for Spring so I can rock the Nike Sky Highs!
This spring it’s absolutely essential that you have bold and bright pieces to work into your wardrobe. Whether you prefer color blocking or pairing these vivid hues with your classic whites, Target has so many options to choose from ranging in various colors including coral, yellow and blue! And let’s not forget about Prabal Gurung for Target. So many pieces from this collection are perfect for Spring. Try this coral top with distressed denim (currently coveting these) for a lazy weekend look or this bright yellow + white blouse with a floral shorts for a dressier, night-out-on-the-town look! Get ready to indulge in some guilt-free shopping and check out our must-have pieces below! Xo - GOLP
*It’s Time For Springtime / Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
Hi Ya’ll! It’s Ali from A Dash of Details, and I’m su per excited to be over here on Girls of Lincoln Park today! With GOLP being one of my favorite places to find fashion inspiration, I thought it was only fitting to lsut over some of my favorite Spring finds.
Although Chicago and Kansas City are still experiencing some frigid temperatures, to say I am ready for Spring is a complete understatement. When it comes to SPring, there are four things that come to mind: floral prints, the perfect pair of new sandals, sunnies, and sitting on a patio with friends on a warm, sunny day. I may still be wearing boots and a coat for a little longer, but a girl can dream, right?!
A huge thanks again for having me on GOLP! Be sure to stop on by and say “hello” to a Dash of Details! Xo -Ali
It’s official. We’re seeing spots everywhere for Spring! This of-the-moment print is both playful and incredibly chic and Target has just the right selection! Lucky for you, we’ve scoured Target’s website for the best-of-the-best in polka dots and have come up with a pretty awesome collection. Whether you prefer big or small, bright or neutral, these charming dots are making a bold statement this season. From everyday accessories like the this turquoise and navy navy polka dot clutch to the fitted and adorable Anorak Jacket, there is just too much polka-dot goodness going on right now. To shop similar styles and to get the look, head over to Target.com for the entire spot-on selection! Xo - GOLP
*It’s Time For Springtime / Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
So our Emerson Fry obsession continues… Below are some of the latest spring arrivals new to the online boutique. Emerson has got us covered with every wardrobe essential we could ever possibly need. From structured sun dresses to bohemian maxis to worn-in-tees, there’s literally not one piece we’re not swooning over. You can view and shop the entire collection over on EmersonFry.com! Happy Shopping! - GOLP
First, let us start by saying we adore Jenn Lake. Every time we see her out and about she simply looks fabulous. And may we add, you’re going to love her answers below. Thanks, Jenn for introducing us to three new beauty products that are currently sitting in our Sephora shopping cart! Xo - GOLP
1. Street Style Star: This is a difficult question as I adore so many! Leandra Medine and Miroslava Duma (for their signature styles), Anna Dello Russo and Michelle Harper (aspiration fashion), Blair Eadie and Poppy Delevigne (everyday looks), Jessica Stein and Nicole Warne (the most impeccably styled Aussies!).
2. Trend You’re Loving For Spring: Lucite bags. I own two but definitely want more!
3. On Repeat: Florence + The Machine never gets old!
4. Bucket List: Living in Paris for a summer and volunteering in Angola, Africa with my family.
5. Dinner Party Guest List: Lauren Santo Domingo, Andy Warhol, Grace Coddington, Truman Capote, Audrey Hepburn, Brad Goreski, Diane von Furstenberg, Tom Ford, Grace Kelly, Kate Middleton, and Michael Kors.
6. If I weren’t in PR, I would be… well rested!
7. Can’t Live Without: My husband.
8. What Every Girl Must Have In Their Closet: An embellished ball gown, Henry & Belle denim, the perfect leather jacket, vintage 1960’s cocktail dress, colorful maxi dresses for vacations, iconic handbags, and anything from Gilt.com!
10. Date Night: Dinner and drinks at Nomi at the Park Hyatt Chicago!
11. Words To Live By: Dream On.
13. Scent: Heavenly by Victoria Secret.It’s been my go-to since high school and I’ve never converted! I believe every woman should have a signature scent.
14. Fashion Apps: Gilt, Style.com, Gilt City, WWD, The Collection, & Net-A-Porter
15. If you could meet any designer, it would be: Mary Katrantzou
Get ready! This weekend the infamous Hollywood based consignment retailer, Decades, will be making a guest appearance here in Chicago! There will be so many shoes (that have never been worn) and handbags (yes, Chanel) you won’t even know where to start. The pop-up shop will be hosted at Space519 (900 N. Michigan) on Saturday from10:00-7:00pm and Sunday from 12:00-6:00pm! And in case if you we’re wondering, Bravo’s newest reality show, The Dukes of Melrose, is based on the fabulous duo behind Decades! So set your DVR’s Wednesday nights to catch some super funny, vintage, fabulous moments! Happy Consigning! - GOLP