Attention, GOLP readers! We need your vote! As you may or may not know, Apartment Therapy is one of our favorite places on the web for interior design and inspiration. GOLP has been nominated for their 6th Annual Homie Awards which celebrates the best in home design and inspiration blogs! We hope you enjoy our little corner of the web as much as we enjoy posting and would appreciate your vote! All you have to do is click the +1 button next to “Girls of Lincoln Park” and register your nomination. Voting ends February 21st so be sure to cast your vote now! Xo - GOLP
We love a good bookshelf. Not only are they a great way to display and organize your favorite books but they are also quite easy to accessorize with frames, bookends and other home decor items. When it comes to styling a bookshelf though, stick to these 5 easy and simple rules.
1. Color Coordinate: Trust us, it looks good. Stack books with similar hues both vertically and horizontally throughout your bookshelf. It’s pleasing to the eye, stylish and it may even help you remember that great beach read from last summer.
2. Incorporate Different Focal Points: Bookshelves make it easy to also display some of your favorite pictures, paintings and home accessories. Objects like bookends and vases can easily fit within the shelves and help establish various focal points.
3. Symmetry: If you feel like your bookshelf isn’t as organized as you would like, try placing collectables and objects between books. Don’t be afraid of space as it’s important to scatter books to punctuate the look.
4. Extend Your Color Scheme: Painting the back of the bookshelf the same color as your walls can help make the room appear larger and provide a sense of unity. Not into painting? Try utilizing accessories in the same hue as your walls to bring the space together.
5. Ultimate Photo Gallery: Depending on the length and width of your shelves, a built in bookshelf can make the ultimate photo gallery wall. Be sure to mix and match frames using modern and antique frames throughout the wall.
Today we bring you Thimblepress, your new favorite card shop. Founded by Kristen Ley, Thimblepress features darling cards at great price points for any occassion. Hello Sunshine, I love you to the moon and back, and the hip hip hooray are just a select few from Kristen’s shop that we’re sure you’ll love. You can also find push-pop confetti ($7.50) for your next party. You can shop the Thimblepress Etsy shop here and be sure to follow along with Kristen on Facebook and Twitter. Enjoy! - GOLP
We recently discovered Everlane, a company that challenges the status quo with modern basics. Everlane searches the world for the best factories to produce their products. WIth both a mens and women’s line, Everlane produces high-quality wardrobe staples including relaxed tees, silk blouses and canvas bags. Not only do we love the quality of their products, but the prices are even better. You can shop their tees for $15 dollars, silk blouses for $80 dollars and canvas bags for $35 dollars.
With the goal of producing high quality, luxurious items just above cost, we have a feeling Everlane is going to develop a cult-like following and you know we’re already on board. You can shop their entire line here and help us the spread the word by referring your friends! You can receive a $15 dollars credit (or one relaxed tee to be exact) when your friends make their first purchase. You can follow Everlane on Facebook and Twitter. Happy Shopping! - GOLP
With the drab winter weather constantly drying out our skin, it’s so important we stay on top of our daily beauty routines. Not only to keep our skin hydrated but more importantly, to help stay on top of the anti-agning process. This winter la prairie has debuted a new collection based on a rare discovery of survivalist plants. La prairie’s new Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Ice Collection includes both a rich face cream and dry oil in which both include a rare combination of extracts to help protect skin from daily assaults.
We were able to test out the new line and both products are a must-try. The Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream uses a patent-pending complex of Alpine floral to help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while hydrating your skin. Our recommendation is to use this cream in the morning and at night after cleansing, and apply to the face and neck.
The Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil is also very hydrating but doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily. We actually like to combine the dry oil with the cream to enhance the hydrating elements of the moisturizer. According to la prairie researchers, the Dry Oil is made up of a unique blend of ingredients that helps protects the skin’s DNA and speeds up the rejuvenation of the skin and halts collagen degradation.
You can shop the new Cellular Swiss Crystal Ice Collection on www.laprairie.com. We’re sure your skin will thank you. Xo - GOLP
Miles high in the Swiss Alps, in a world of sheer ice crystals, beauty transcends time. Here, two seemingly fragile plants and one tiny algae survive and thrive in the harshest setting on earth, developing strategies to outwit the environment. It’s only fitting then that la prairie, with a heritage deeply rooted in Switzerland, harnessed these extreme-survivalist secrets into the Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Collection. The discovery combines some of the most sophisticated survivalist secrets.
*Disclosure: Compensation was provided by laboratories la prairie via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of laboratories la prairie.