It’s that time of year again! The One of a Kind Show and Sale, held every December at the Merchandise Mart, will be happening this weekend December 6th through the 9th. The show is an artesian paradise of jewelry, fashion, furniture, sculptures, ceramics, and photography all for sale by creative connoisseurs. Over 600 talented artists from across North America will bring their work to showcase and sell. In addition to the sales, guests can enjoy live fashion shows featuring chic, artist-designed clothing, jewelry and accessories. For those who’d rather talk the talk than watch the walk, the artists will present Artist Talks, 20-minute demonstrations that teach you the craft behind their craftmanship.
The sale starts Thursday, December 6th and runs until Sunday, December 9th. Tickets are $12 a piece with complementary re-entry every day. To purchase tickets and see the show hours, click here. Four days of art, fashion and sales? It really is the most ONEderful time of the year. Happy shopping! – GOLP
Hi GOLP readers! Annemarie here from Brunch at Saks. I’m so excited to be on GOLP today because it’s one of my favorite blogs, especially when it comes to all things fashion! Since we’re in the midst of the holidays, I thought it would be fun to round up some festive clutches that would be great for anything from cocktails with the girls to your company’s end-of-the-year party. Wishing you all the best to you and yours this holiday season!
Get ready!! Kate Spade is taking over Gilt today!! From handbags to jewelry to apparel to shoes, some of the best and brightest holiday gift-ables will be featured at exclusive prices. Below is a sneak peak of what we can plan on seeing at 12 Noon today! Not sure how we’re going to be able to resist some of these items. To shop the exclusive sale visit www.gilt.com/katespade starting 11a CST.
Kate Spade Handbags:
Give the gift of color with one of these fabulous KS dresses!
Kate Spade Jewelry
In case you didn’t finish your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, we have the holiday party just for you! Please join me for a night of holiday shopping and champagne at Henri Bendel at Water Tower Place next Wednesday, December 5th! You’ll be able to enjoy: 20% off up to $100 dollars, 25% off up $101-$199 dollars, 30% off over $200 dollars + a VIP Gift Bag! Be sure to stay up-to-date with HB on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest! Xo - Lauren
Where: Henri Bendel Water Tower Place - 845 N. Michigan
When: Wednesday, December 5th - 6:00-9:00p.m.
Holiday entertaining is single-handedly one of our favorite past times. There’s nothing better then celebrating this time of year with family and friends over delicious food and tasty cocktails. When it comes to the actual planning, though, many people can feel overwhelmed even when it comes to the decor. Luckily we have retailers like Pier 1 that provide a great selection and stylish products.
Creating a new center piece or table scape doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive when you know what you’re looking for. We’ve highlighted a few of our key tips to keep in mind when planning this year’s holiday soiree:
1. Keep to a general color scheme. When shopping, be on the lookout for a items and pieces that go along with your general color scheme. This year we wanted to stay within the silver tones. We found these Mercury Glass Candle Holders which are not only stylish but are well priced ($28 dollars for the large and $22 dollars for the small).
2. Mix and match. After establishing your general color scheme, don’t be afraid to mix and match textures. We incorporated these Glass & Silver Metal Candleholders with the Mercury Glass Candle Holders to create an eye-catching mixture.
3. Set the mood! Don’t overlook the lighting when it comes to your party. Candles are a great addition to any party atmosphere. We particularly loved the texture of these Silver Beaded Pillar Candles paired with the Mercury Candle Holders.
4. Vary the candle height. Whether you prefer scented or unscented candles, if you are using numerous candles throughout your table setting, be sure to use varying heights to help establish different focal points throughout the setting.
5. Accessorize! Incorporating small accents like these Champagne Glitter Spheres are a great and inexpensive way to add glitter to your table scape or center piece.
6. Last but not least, play around with your center piece! Below are a few snapshots from our initial set up. Mix and match the candle holders, switch up the height of the candles and re-organize the accessories to find what looks best for you and your table!
*Brand Statement: If it’s interesting, if it’s impressive, if it’s colorful and cute and one-of-a-kind - then odds are it’s probably from Pier 1. After all, Pier 1 has been the place for unique finds for over 40 years. Our buyers travel the world’s major capitals and small villages hunting for the kinds of treasures you can’t find just anywhere - fresh and fragrant candles, exotic wicker, hand-painted dinnerware, gorgeous textiles and thoughtful hand crafted gifts. Find what speaks to you at Pier 1 Imports!
*Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Pier 1 Imports via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pier 1 Imports.
Asos - 30% off everything with the code CyberMondaySpecial.
BaubleBar - Every $40 dollars you spend, you can pick up a gift from the gifting suite (ends Wednesday).
Saks - Receive up to 40% selected items + receive double points online through 11/27!
C. Wonder - Receive an extra 50% off sale items, 30% off full priced items with a purchase of a $100 dollars or more.
Net-A-Porter - Receive up to 50% off!
Nars - 20% off code with NarsFF2012 (ends Tuesday).
Gorjana - 40% off entire site! Plus free shipping with the code Cyber40.
Nordstrom - Up to 60% off some featured items. Be sure to check out both men’s and women’s sales to see the latest deals!
Henri Bendel - Receive 30% off your purchase of $100 dollars or more! Plus receive a $25 dollar splurge card with any purchase! Use the code CyberMonday at checkout.
From 5th Avenue to the streets of Paris, Fashionologie rounds up the best holiday window displays across the world.
We can get on board with this fall champagne cocktail.
If this doesn’t say holidays, we don’t know what does. Hello lovely.
If you need a little DIY in your life, check out In Honor of Design’s latest Rhinestone Collar DIY Necklace. LOVE!
This gift guide is one of our favorites thus far because there are so many fun, little gifts you can find for under $50 dollars! From stocking stuffers like coasters and iPhone cases to home decor items like decorative bowls and coffee table books, there are so many great finds that can keep on giving all year long. If you need more gift ideas, be sure to check out our various gift guides on Pinterest! Cheers! - GOLP
Cheers Coasters // Woven Bowl // Greek Key Cocktail Napkins // Shop Till You Drop iPhone Case // Love Print // Initial Necklace // Card Kit // Drifter Shades // Coin Purse // I Love Me Compact // Jonathan Adler Coffee Table Book // Sparkle Cocktail Ring // Pop Fizz Clink Notecards // NY Minute Makeup Bag