Let the countdown begin! Only 6 more days until New York Fashion Week! With that, we wanted to celebrate the countdown with one of our favorite street style stars, Olivia Palermo. From statement coats to bold prints, we pretty much love everything about Olivia Palermo’s wardrobe. Which outfit are you coveting? Xo - GOLP
In case you haven’t checked out our Eat, Drink, Enjoy tab, we’re slightly obsessed with good restaurants with great atmospheres. Can you blame us? Chicago Restaurant Week is just around the corner beginning this Friday, February 1st and runs all the way through Sunday, February 10th. This leaves plenty of time to check out some of the city’s most amazing restaurants and you know we’ll be taking part! We tried to stick to our top ten which is basically impossible. So below we have TWENTY of our must-try Chicago restaurants. Where will you be dinning next week? Cheers! - GOLP
1. BellyQ: West Loop. Asian. And delicious. A must, must try.
2. Bistronomic: Gold Coast. Contemporary French (or whatever that means). Great atmosphere.
3. Bistrot Margot: Old Town. French. An absolute GOLP favorite for brunch.
4. Blackbird: West Loop. Contemporary American. Great reviews.
5. Boka: Our hood. Contemporary American. Delicious menu.
6. Cafe Spiaggia: Gold Coast. Italian. Lady Gaga dines at the Spiaggia.
7. Carmine’s: Gold Coast. Italian. A GOLP regular.
8. Fred’s at Barneys New York: Gold Coast. Italian. Who doesn’t like dinning at Freds?
9. Gemini Bistro: Lincoln Park. Contemporary American. Dying to try.
10. GT Fish and Oyster: River North. Seafood. A Chicago must.
11. Jellyfish: Gold Coast. Pan-Asian. Cool atmosphere. And when we say cool, it looks like a spaceship.
12. Le Colonial: Gold Coast. Vietnamese. Will definitely be dinning this week.
13. Mercadito: River North. Mexican. The BEST Mexican if we might add.
14. Mon Ami Gabi: Lincoln Park. French. Definite date night spot.
15. Nellcote: West Loop. French American. Yes, another must.
18. Tarantino’s: Lincoln Park. Italian. One of our favorite spots in Lincoln Park. Date night + great atmosphere. Can’t go wrong!
19. Zapatista: South Loop. Mexican. Amazing reviews.
20. Trencherman: Bucktown. American. A new hotspot and we’re on board.
With our New Year’s resolutions well under way, there’s no better time than now for Nike Chicago to introduce their first ever Nike Training Club to Chicago! Last night we had a chance to stop by the new facility that includes a retail space on the first floor offering some of our favorite merchandise with the second floor being a fabulous sprawling studio.
What makes this new space even more awesome? Nike will be offering ass-kicking classes all week long. free. seven days a week. A roster of trainers from studios across the city including Bar Bee Fit, Yoga, and Nike+ Run Club will be teaching classes for around 20 people each class.
Classes start next Monday, February 4th! Time to get your fit on! - GOLP
It’s winter, it’s cold, and there’s no getting around it, unfortunately! Insert the statement sweatshirt. This season we’re making it a point to stay cozy but cute all winter long. Zoe Karssen and Wildfox are just two of our favorite brands that make numerous witty yet chic statement sweatshirts that are sure to compliment our winter wardrobe! Below are a few of our favorite street style shots incorporating the statement sweatshirt as well as our favorite finds! Xo - GOLP
1. Bauble Bar: Let’s get straight to the point. We love baubles so it only makes sense that we’re slightly obsessed with Bauble Bar’s boards. Stay up-to-date with the brand’s new arrivals as well as best sellers or shop by color here, here and here.
Don’t let this drab winter weather get you down! Spice up your beauty routine with some of our favorite finds! And might we add their all under $50 dollars? Don’t mind if we do..
Dior’s eye shadow and blender duo is our new essential for eyes. At one end, you can find a soft pencil that applies a veil of iridescent eye shadow. And at the other, there’s a foam blender with shimmering powder that makes the color sparkle. Now this is a beauty product we can get on board with ($30 dollars).
Looking for the ultimate palette for a smokey eye? Check. ($39 dollars).
Gorgeous Cosmetic’s powder highlighter provides multidimensional properties that give your face a sophisticated shimmer. Use this highlighter to create perfect cheekbones and backstage brows by sweeping delicately along cheek and brow bones ($40 dollars).
We’re spring dreamin’ with YSL’s 2013 Spring Collection. This glossy balm is boosted with fruit extract and is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. This sheer color is light enough to wear throughout the work day while also moisturizing. Yes, please! ($30 dollars)
Dr. Hauschka’s Normalizing Day Oil is a mixture of plant extracts and oil that balances excessive oiliness, diminishes the appearance of pores and visibly reduces blemishes. Not only is this oil light on the skin, but its rich in antioxidants to calm redness and strengthen skin throughout these cold months ($42.95 dollars).